Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Overnight Oats

I want to share with you guys one of my newly FAVORITE breakfasts.

Lately, I've been working on eating healthier. I saw myself gaining weight and noticed I was getting really tired all the time and becoming very lazy (lazier than usual that is.) I haven't been feeling so great about myself either and we all know that when that happens, everything in your life just starts feeling that less great. So finally, I decided I was going to do something about it because obviously what I was doing before (eating crap & not exercising regularly) was not working for me and wasn't making me happy.

I love this breakfast idea because you prepare it the night before, which saves you time in the morning and also prevents you from making impulsive unhealthy options. It's really simple, healthy, yummy, and you can change it up every day. Oh and not to mention, it's a great "on-the-go" option. (This is my favorite way to have it.)

You will need:
-A jar
-Rolled oats
-Almond Milk
-One Banana
-Cinnamon


*Any kind of oatmeal will work (rolled, or steel-cut) and any brand. Also, any kind of milk. You can use regular milk, almond, soy, whatever you prefer.



So its really simple. What you do is pour equal parts Oats and equal parts Milk in a jar. Im using a mason jar because yes I jumped on that mason jar bandwagon real quick. But you can use any jar you may have at home. Then, you let it sit in the fridge over night, take it out, and you'll notice the oats will have soaked up almost all the milk (depending on how much you put) then after that, all you have to do is throw in some cut up bananas and some ground cinnamon, and voila! Super easy, super simple breakfast!

No comments: