Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Simple Sensitive Skin Experts
Daily Face Care Regimen

So as my "Ice Breaker" or 'My Very First Blog Post' I decided to review a skin care line I recently began using.

About a year ago, I went to this Grand Opening of a Walgreens store in LA. I know sounds kind of weird, but seriously, when I say Grand Opening, I mean GRAND OPENING! There was a red carpet, celebrities, press, there were live chefs & bartenders, they were giving away goodie bags, the whole nine, IT WAS INSANE! The goodie bags were the best part of course, they had a bunch of really cool things inside like magazines, cosmetics, vitamins, snacks, just pretty much the kind of things you would find inside a Walgreens store. One of these items was the Simple Refreshing Facial Wash Gel which, needless to say, I fell in love with and have been using ever since!

Now, I never thought to try any other products from the line just because I'm very reluctant to try new things, and thats just me in general, I don't know why, but I'm like that about EVERYTHING! (it's a bad thing)

So this past year I've been reading all of these positive reviews and have watched videos raving about this fairly new skincare line so I've been wanting to try some of these products for quite some time now. So the other day I was at Target, you know, just buying the 'necessities' when out of the bloom I come across this!:

The Simple Sensitive Skin Experts Daily Face Care Regimen Kit



What was great was that it was on sale for only $14.99, and Target was having a promotion where they were giving away a $5.00 gift card with purchase. A really incredibly good deal! So of course I ended up leaving the store with five of these bad boys (lol just kidding, I only bought this one. Promise!)

Now inside were these 3 full sized products, the Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes, Simple Moisturizing Facial Wash & the Simple Replenishing Rich Moisturizer which usually retail for about $4.99-$12.99 (depending on where you get them from) So not only was I really excited to try these products, but even more excited that I got such a good deal on them!



Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes
OK, so usually I HATE face wipes. I've tried so many of them, and every single one has irritated my face. Usually I get this sort of burning feeling all over and my cheeks get really red and become extremely sensitive. On top of that, I ALWAYS feel like I still have to wash my face afterwards because it leaves this sort of sticky residue behind. But these wipes. OH MY GOSH!!!! WOW!! Seriously, these have to be the ABSOLUTE BEST FACE WIPES EVER INVENTED!!!! No joke, these are so gentle on the skin, they don't irritate one bit, yet are still able to remove an entire face of makeup (including mascara) and the best part, you DON"T AT ALL feel like you still need to wash your face. So these are really great for nighttime or whenever you just want to have a clean face but don't want to wash your face for whatever reason.

Simple Moisturizing Facial Wash
I was really excited to try this face wash and I really wanted to like it but unfortunately, it just didn't work for me. Im not sure what it is about this particular product but after the first use my cheeks got really red and the sides of my nose became really dry. It's a little strange because it's supposed to be a moisturizing face wash, and even after a week of continuous use, it was still very drying on my skin. I'll probably try this product again, when we're not in transition from Summer to Fall, because that might have been the reason why my face was really dry but for now I'll just stick to their refreshing facial wash gel (which again, I'm obsessed with.)

Simple Replenishing Rich Moisturizer
I am a little in-between with this product. It's a very light face lotion, and definitely good for sensitive skin, but if your skin is on the drier side like mine, it doesn't do too much in terms of moisturizing. I liked it because it didn't irritate my skin, it doesn't have any kind of fragrance but I did have to apply a couple of layers in order for my skin to feel moisturized. So not my favorite moisturizer, but something I will continue using.

No comments: